Journaling on estrip is free and easy. get started today

Last Visit 2021-04-15 00:38:08 |Start Date 2003-09-17 03:35:24 |Comments 1,441 |Entries 1,285 |Images 781 |Videos 81 |Mobl 131 |


01/24/15 08:35 - 30.ºF - ID#59787

Can't Get Enough

I just cannot get enough of this song:

print add/read comments

Permalink: Can_t_Get_Enough.html
Words: 17
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 01/24/15 08:35


01/08/15 10:38 - 13.ºF - ID#59733

What I Did for a Melamine Folding Table

So me and (e:libertad) wanted a folding table for my craft laundry/craft room . (though to be honest should you really fold laundry in a room filled with glitter?) Anywho we found the table we wanted on and it was on sale for like $55 with free shipping. That seems like an easy transaction right........WRONG!!!!

Here is the whole sordid tale from initial delivery date of December 11th to January 2nd with a lot of yelling and craziness in between... I warn you its long and I tell it better in person but I wanted this documented so I never forget to never order from Staples again.

So we order the table and the delivery email they send me says it is being shipped on Dec. 11. I didn't think that meant it would come to my house on 12/11 but it did. I wasn't home and they didn't leave you see they don't use FedEx or UPS or USPS they use their own service which it turns I think is nothing mroe than a few men and a wheelbarrel.....anywhoser so I wasn't home on 12/11 and so they left the little taggy thing I could leave on the door but then I got a phone message saying I wasn't home so it wouldn't be delivered until 12/19.....

12/19 was fine , I was in no rush for the table but then instead they came again on fri 12/12 , well I wasn't home again and hadn't left the tag out since they said they weren't coming until 12/19 and we heard our nieghbors (who have since moved) steal packages so i didn't really want to advertise for a week that a package was coming. So I got another call friday night saying since i wasn't home it won't be delivered until 12/19. Once again that was fine.............but no...theycome to deliver again on monday 12/15...well of course I wasn't home and had not left the tag because they had said 12/19.

To make it worse then I get a call on monday 12/15 at night saying since I wasn't home my order was being returned to the warehouse. So i called and some lady answered and said she would check into it but the delivery service was close and she would call me back the next day....well she was the first of many staples employees who never called me back...she didn't call me tuesday and then wednesday I did the online chat with them so at least I would have a record.

Now Wed 12/17 on an online chat tey apologized for all the confusion and gave me a $10 refund and said the table would be there Friday 12/19 for sure. ....12/19 comes and there is no table! So i do the online chat again on Friday night and they tell me they don't know what happened but it looks like the table got on the wrong truck but it will defintiely be there by monday 12/22. Now mind you it was like 9pm on Friday night that night and I asked so it is coming on monday and he kept saying by Monday and I asked if they deliver on the weekend and he kept saying no so I wasl ike so it is coming on MOnday and he would not say that, he only kept saying by Monday but not on the weekend which leaves only Monday.....

...anywho Monday 12/22 comes and still no table....Tuesday 12/23 I do the online chat again and they tell me they have no idea what has happened and they can't figure it out but they will give me another $10 off and it will be there 12/24. Instead of $10 off , they send me a $10 coupon for another purchase , I insist that is not the same thing and i get in an argument with the guy that $10 off a future purchase is not the same thing as $10 of my current table. Plus I was like um i am never making a future purchase but I want my $10 now. They couldn't do it on the online chat and said I had to call an dtalk to a supervisor. So I call and talk to a supervisor and tell her my whole story and she gives me the $10 and apologizes and tells me it will be there maybe 12/24 but if not 12/26 (even though the previous person insisted there is no reason it would be there 12/24)...

...well no table 12/24, 12/26, or Monday 12/29... So I call Monday night and talk to someone named Liza and she goes through this whole thing and apologizes and is like no I have idea what happened, looks like the wrong box waso n the wrong truck or something but it is definitely coming Tuesday 12/30 and they will call the delivery service in the mroning to ensure it and if it isn't coming for any reason the supervisor Mandy will call me .....well not call on Tuesday and no table

OOOOH Mind you I have had the stupid tag saying they can leave on the porch taped to my door since 12/18 at this point.

So Tuesday night I call and I really kinda lose it at that point. I get ahold of a supervisor named Bonnie oh and I was calling from work and kinda screaming which is not super classy but it was funny becasue after that everyoen at work was very invested in my table and me getting my Bonnie the supervisor said she had to check and would call me back. I refused to hang up because I told her I did not believe she would actually call me back...she emailed me her info and so once i had that I said fine she could call me back

She called me back a little later and said she called the delivery service and they weren't there but she woudl ensure it came the next day and she also was off the next day 12/31 and her offie was closed but she gave me the extension for another supervisor who would be there and I coudl call in the mroning and ensure it was coming..Bonnie actually seemed like the first person who was even somewhat helpful. Then an hour later I get a call saying my order has been cancelled and refunded!! I WAS LIEK WHAT THE F but wanted to call the next day when the person who knew my story was there.

....12/31 I call the number Bonnie gave me and it just rings and rings and rings. I was at work so I just let it ring for like a half hour and finally someone picks up and is "Hi this is jamie who are you trying to reach, this phone has been ringing for a half hour. I explained my whole story and said I was [planning on letting it ring for days if that's what it took for someone to answer." Anyway Jamie explained noone was in the office as it was closed and she just happened to be there and answeredt the phone but no one named Gila the name of the supervisor I was given was there......

AT THIS POINT I FREAK THE F OUT. I CALL the regular customer service line (oh and remeber i am at work now ) and noone has ever heard of Gila or BOnnie even though I have bonnie's email address and extension. I FLIP THE F OUT AND START SCREAMING in the middle of my office "IS THERE EVER A TABLE! WAS THERE EVER A FREAKIN TABLE< WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE" DO YOU EVEN DELIVER TABLES! and so on an dso forth. I guess like the vice president in his office across the office could hear me but eveyrone found it hilarious I think.

The new supervisor Vicki says she can'treally do anythign because my order was cancelled by Raymond but he didn't leave any notes as to why. She then said they had treid to deliver it like a hundred times but I was never home. I lost it again and basicallys creamed "I HAVE HAD THE STUPID FLIER SAYING YOU CAN LEAVE ITON MY DOOR FOR 12 DAYS STRAIGHT AT THIS POINT!!!". She said she could place the order again and i said fine but I want it at the price i got it minus the $20 I had been refunded so far. She said she would charge the full price but it was the same thing because I already had been refunded $10 twice and when they cnacled my order they refunded the full price of the table. I said fine .....I hung the invoice from them and that is not what happened at all. The table was now costing me $10 more than original and was now 20 days after the original delivery date.

I coudl nto handle calling another person at Staples. I even googled the warehouse with at my parents on NYE and we discussed a plan of like raiding the warefhouse and liberating my table but in the end I wrote Bonnie an email since I had her contact info explaining the whole thing.

She wrote back the next day and apologized profusely and said she doesn't know why the other supervisor was there and said my table woudl come 1/2 for sure and she refunded me the full price of the table and gave me a $20 voucher for the future for staples. I wrote back and said I wouldn't thank her until the table was actually in my physical possession.


BOnnie was really the only competent person at Staples. I sent an email to her supervisor telling her my whole story and that Bonnie was the only good employee they had in the whole company and she should be grateful to have her.

SO now I actually have like $40 in staples vouchers in addition to the free table but really stil never ever want to order from there again. Except I kinda wanna order like a pencil a day just to make them deliver it....

I know you are thinking, why didn't you just canncel the ordero n like day 10 and save yourself the time and frustration but by then it seemed like it was more about the principal > I wanted them to give me the table i watned. I didn't want to have to have went through like half of that and then still have to go buy a mroe expensive table elsewhere. And in the end I won...welle xcept it probably was about 5 hours of time at least total in talking to staples Customer Serviceless line. I still feel like I won!
print add/read comments

Permalink: What_I_Did_for_a_Melamine_Folding_Table.html
Words: 1783
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 01/08/15 10:38


01/04/15 07:56 - 35.ºF - ID#59720 pmobl


I have a glitter drawer! nothing makes me happier than a drawer full of glitter

print add/read comments

Permalink: glitter.html
Words: 16
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 01/04/15 07:56


12/23/14 07:00 - ID#59683

Break In?

So I've been stressed in life lately for many a reason BUT THEN I had a hard time falling asleep last night and finally fell asleep around 1am and then at a little before 4am wake up to the sound of GLASS BREAKING AND OUR ALARM GOING OFF!!! NEedless to say I freaked out like whoa. Dave jumped in front of the bedroom door to hold it closed while I called 911. Then the alarm people called and we told them that we thought someone was in the house.

Then...Dave decided he was going to check out the situation...and it turns out the christmass tree just fell down and some glass ornaments shattered setting off the glass breaking sound alarm.

The police arrived within minutes which was really a nice and somewhat shocking surprise. Like a few cop cars showed up and even after I said it was the tree that fell over , he offered to search the house if I wanted (which I did but I know Dave would have prolly killed me if I had the police search the house because the tree fell over). Anywho, we had to pick up and cleanup and surprisingly few ornaments broke.

But now I am terrified and it is too close to 7am when I get up so now I am just staying up so I guessl ike 2 hours of sleep is all I'm getting tonight. I ended up getting some work done (oh the joys of being able to work from home so any free moment feels like it should be spent doing work). But now I am really scared of the poltergeist I thought was inthe house. Dave said the tree was leaning and it is not the poltergeist but frankly I can totally belive that but in general it just makes way more terrified. Like I still feel like i am gonna turn a corner and there is going to be a ghost or a robber there.

Also, we were debating if the alarm makes us feel safer or more scared.I feel safer, like i felt good because I did feel if somoene was in the house they would have left because of the alarm. I also like that if I didn't' have my phone for some reason the alarm company would still call 911. But on the toher hand, we both heard the glass smash and that woke us up first followed a second later by the alarm screeching. We debated if we just heard the glass break we might have thought christmas tree and then go look and not freak out but the alarm makes you really freak out. BUUUT I tihnk i would have freaked out the same alarm or not but I don't know. I think I am pro keeping the alarm and the glass break sensor.

Overall I am glad for the sensor and the police response but I am terrified and may never sleep again. I really was always nervous the police don't actually show up in Buffalo. Especially now that i live in a little more sketch neighborhood. I know they would prolly respond in Elmwood Village but I wasn't sure over here but really they were here really fast and were really friendly even after finding out it was just two crazy gays and a christmas tree accident.
print add/read comments

Permalink: Break_In_.html
Words: 559
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 12/23/14 07:00


12/19/14 10:45 - ID#59666

Cuba Time

IN honor of the US being in a relationship with Cuba again lets all listen to a little Celia...

print addComment

Permalink: Cuba_Time.html
Words: 26
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 12/19/14 10:45


12/14/14 07:27 - ID#59658 pmobl

christmas time

we got our tree today ! I think decorating for xmas is my favorite thing!

print add/read comments

Permalink: christmas_time.html
Words: 15
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 12/14/14 07:27


12/01/14 11:50 - ID#59636

My poltergeist

So I don't really believe in ghosts though I also don't not believe in them. Anywho, some weirdo stuff has been going on in our new house. All taken separately , seem like no big deal but I swear more and more keeps happening and only to me and never to Dave. So here's what's happened.

1. There are always crazy noises like people walking around and doors opening and closing but I know old houses do that so that I could get over on its own.

2. At the top of the stairs is the guest room. I swear the door opens and closes. I have opened it and then when I went back up it was closed and I have pulled it closed so it latched and then went back up and it was open and noone else was home at the time. Again, this could happen,coudl be the wind or uneven door but really it doesn't always do it and for it to open when I closed it freaked me out.

3. I was in the shower and the radio that is on the back of the toilet that had been there for weeks randomly fell off the toilet while I was in the shower and smashed to the ground. Once again , seen alone I could say ok it could have been unever or smoetihng or the vent blew it off even though it had been there for weeks but with everythign else it started to freak me out.


4. Around a week ago, I was in the living room and dave was asleep and I got up to get a piece of candy and while I was walking back to the couch , the house frmo the computer and a magazine just fall off the coffee table. There was plenty of other stuff on there , even closer to the edge and nothing else fell off.

5. A few minutes after the couch thing, the tv randomly turns off while I am nowhere near the remote.


6. Last night I go up to bed and put my cell phone on my dresser as I do every night and while I am putting on my pagamas it falls off the dresser and smashes to the ground. I think "well maybe I put it on something and it was unever or soemthing." so I put my flashlight on and make sure to put it flat in the centerish of the dresser. AND THEN.... i lay in bed and after about a few minutes it crashes to the floor again. This is the same spot I put it every day and it never falls off and nothing else around it fell to the ground so it is not like it is slanted.

All in all this is starting to freak me out. Dave read something that sometimes the poltgergeist is really your own spirit or something that is giving you weird abilities to make things move. I kinda always wanted that since I was a kid. I used to sit for hours trying to get the tissue box to move, so if that is all it is mabye it is a good thing!!? On the other hand I cannot stand to go to sleep because I am terrified right now.
print add/read comments

Permalink: My_poltergeist.html
Words: 550
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 12/01/14 11:50


11/02/14 12:20 - ID#59539

Burying the Hatchet Round 2

So you all know how I previously wrote about burying the hatchet in my mind with the drag queen who performed Wepa.

Well I have just buried the hatchet with a much more real enemy of my mind. There was a kid I went to highschool with who was a year older than me and for some reason that noone can remember I had a very strong hatred for him at some point. I feel like he did something terrible to me though I don't have any recollection what it was so it may have been something minor I have blown out of proportion. I feel like it had something to do with marching band perhaps but I couldn't tell you what it was.

So now what, 15 years later I still carry this grudge even though I have no idea what the reason was. Over the years I have had many interactions with him,we have enough similar acquaintances and both being gay in Buffalo there was bound to be times we ran into each other. I really didn't think I could ever get over it. For April fools this year I texted marykate saying i ran into him and got over it and forgave him and she said it was the biggest shock she had ever had. But it wasn't real, it was APril fools and then today....

I didn't realize I was so obiviously hating but today I got a message from him on facebook saying he has no idea what he ever did to me but if it was ever anything he is sorry and wants to bury the hatchet. I told him there is no real reason to apologize as I don't even remember how it started and that i just didn't really ever have a reason to let it go and so I let the anger carry on.

Anywho I decided that it has been really ridiculous and it's time to just let it go.

It seemed really random and then he told me it was partly because of Maureen and it seems silly to have fights with people over no reason and life is too short. That's very true.

print add/read comments

Permalink: Burying_the_Hatchet_Round_2.html
Words: 365
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 11/02/14 12:20


10/15/14 01:51 - ID#59485


Looking back through photos and journals and letters and mementos and it is so crazy. I remember how terrified I was when you and everyone else went away to college. I didn't think I could handle not seeing you everyday. That itself seemed unbearable..

Now I will never see and talk to you again and I just don't know how I go on knowing that.

I started going through and reading your old journals on here and found this from 2005 "((e:Mike)) I love you. I want you to know that you are really important to me. My life would not be the same without you. I know it doesn't seem true since I've been away at school, but you really are so important. You were the first (and so far only) person I have called since I've been home. When you came to visit me at school I suddenly felt so much more at home, even though I have been living there for three years. But just know that if you ever need someone to talk to or hang out with, I'm here for you. "

And now she's not. She is the person who would most be able to talk me through this and she is not here and I don't know what to do.
print add/read comments

Permalink: Maureen.html
Words: 216
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 10/15/14 01:51


10/10/14 02:51 - ID#59462


(e:Paul) this made me think of you. It is a turkey stuffed with octopus on top of crab legs and wrapped in bacon! YUMMO!

print add/read comments

Permalink: Octo_Turkey.html
Words: 27
Location: Kenmore, NY
Last Modified: 10/10/14 02:51



New Site Wide Comments

mike said to mike
John Stamos is mentioned in a suprising amount of my journal entries. Who knew he was so impactful o...

mike said to mike
I'm pretty sure this never ended up happening

mike said to mike
I still have those $2 wine glasses and used them the other day. I loved that store!...

mike said to mike
4 more years and a pandemic later and still $1. HOW?!...