Last Visit 2017-03-31 18:55:19 |Start Date 2003-07-07 03:39:31 |Comments 5,609 |Entries 6,417 |Images 14,661 |Sounds 119 |SWF 21 |Videos 322 |Mobl 2,932 |

Category: bathroom

03/06/13 01:52 - ID#57338

Smashing Up The Closet

(e:robert) and I had a fucking great time working on destructing the old closet in the den that is going to become part of the massive walk in shower room we are building off the bathroom. I am so excited about getting started. The first step was dismantling the closet and I wanted to get it done tonight because it was garbage night. Too bad I am too tired to bring the rest of the trash out ;(

It was so much more work than it appears to be. Lots of dust and debris plus its taking forever because I am trying to remove all the nails from all the wood in order to be able to reuse the materials.

The idea is to turn it into something like one of these things.

But I also like the idea of combing the bathroom and the shower and making it a glass enclosed thing. They both have their own sort of appeal.

Permalink: Smashing_Up_The_Closet.html
Last Modified: 03/06/13 02:04

Category: food

03/06/13 01:47 - ID#57337

Asian Grocers In Buffalo

Today I headed over the the
Ni Hoowa Supermarket Asian grocer @ 3173 Sheridan Dr after a doctors appt on N Bailey to pick up some more of the delicious Korean clear noodles I love. The ones they have there are made with sweet potato starch. I also picked up some more premium tuna and some frozen arctic razor clams. I love arctic razor clams so much. I also love frozen rice cakes for soup.

Then when I was heading home and at the coop, (e:robert) called to say he was done with school and I swung by to pick him on. Sadly I couldn't find the rice cakes he was looking for at Ni Hoowa, so once I got him we headed over to the Vietnamese grocer on Niagara st to see if they had them.

Like Mulberries, I was skeptical of the place based on the location but I couldn't have been more wrong. Seriously, the food was amazing and they have all kinds of fresh seafood including the largest oysters I have ever seen. (e:robert) and I ate 1 dozen steamed cherry stone clams for $7. Came with melted butter and lemon. That is pretty much cheaper than I can find them anywhere else, even uncooked.

I got so many other things. The place and the prices are amazing. I will go back very often.

There is also another asian grocery store right across the street. It is a lot more of a store and not a restaurant. I think it is owned by the same people. It is so crowded I almost couldn't fit down the isles. I did get okra, longan fruits and durian cakes though. Totally worth it.

Thanks Robert for showing me an awesome new place to get food.

Permalink: Asian_Grocers_In_Buffalo.html
Last Modified: 03/06/13 01:47

Category: buffalo

03/06/13 01:32 - ID#57336

Botanical Gardens

Before Mulberries (e:paul,57335) we had made a trip to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. I renewed our family membership for 2 years if anyone wants to go I got some passes. I love the feeling of the warm humid air in the winter.

Permalink: Botanical_Gardens.html
Last Modified: 03/06/13 01:32

Category: food

03/06/13 01:12 - ID#57335

Mulberries Restaurant

For years everyone has told me I need to go to Mulberries in south buffalo and I kept writing it off because of the location. You think I would have learned to not judge after the great experiences we had at Curly's in Lackawanna. Anyways, on the way home from the botanical gardens me, (e:terry), (e:libertad) and (e:mike) finally made it there.

The food was amazing. It was kind of dark inside so the pics don't bring out the colors very well. I had both a fried zucchini flower stufffed with riccotta and chicken piccata which is chicken with capers and artichoke hearts in a lemon butter sauce. The waitress was also great. I totally recommend this place.

Permalink: Mulberries_Restaurant.html
Last Modified: 03/06/13 01:12

Category: food

03/06/13 01:05 - ID#57334

Two Lamb Shanks, Two Dinners

These came out so good. Slow cooked them in wine and chicken broth.

Today I paired the second one with some fresh english peas from the coop.

Permalink: Two_Lamb_Shanks_Two_Dinners.html
Last Modified: 03/06/13 01:07

Category: unicorns

03/06/13 12:57 - ID#57333

Erica and Unicorns

The other night (e:robert), (e:terry), (e:xandra) and I visited my cousin Erica's house around 4am after we all went dancing at DBGB's to see Mistanoize with Hoogs and Big Basha. Was a great night of dancing.

We learned all about her obsession with unicorns that maps pretty well to my brother. Remember when he was the unicorn (e:mike,41839)

This was only a fraction of the stuff she showed us. The ceramic unicorn with gold horn was made by her grandmother, my Aunt Helen.

Permalink: Erica_and_Unicorns.html
Last Modified: 03/06/13 01:54

Category: wedding

03/04/13 08:15 - ID#57331

Paul and Terry's Wedding

I spent so much time this weekend working on the website ] for our wedding. I wanted to invite people via website to save trees and to make to it way easier for me to keep track of the responses. The thought of having to keep track of lots of paper letters sounds like a nightmare when the website can just export CSV files with the details and I can reference and invite people right from my phone. The hardest part was collecting all the emails of the extended family members. Still working on that.

I was really surprised that google maps has a walkthough for hamlin house

Permalink: Paul_and_Terry_s_Wedding.html
Last Modified: 03/04/13 08:15

Category: shopping

03/02/13 05:21 - ID#57322 pmobl

Expensive Junk Shop

The contrast between the first junk shop and this second junk shop was amazing. Even with their 40% coupons, a disposable St Patricks hat cannot cost $19.99.

For that price I could have bought a St Patricks statue at the bascilica.

Permalink: Expensive_Junk_Shop.html
Last Modified: 03/02/13 05:21

Category: shopping

03/02/13 05:16 - ID#57321 pmobl

Cheap Junk Shop

While touring around south Buffalo we ended up at a junk shop. It was probably the junkiest junk shop I have ever seen and I'm pretty sure it was also located in a defunct funeral home. The products were like the outcasts from amvets. It made me actually think maybe the people on horders had a point when the try to save every last little piece of junk because it might have a value.

For real, there is a pack of 50/46 plastic cups. For the price I can't believe someone counted them.

Permalink: Cheap_Junk_Shop.html
Last Modified: 03/02/13 05:24

Category: nature

03/02/13 04:58 - ID#57320 pmobl

Fucking Trees

Permalink: Fucking_Trees.html
Last Modified: 03/02/13 04:58

• sina 11/29 05:04 I can not read or write any comment :(
  • joe 11/07 01:05 hey!
  • mrmike 11/07 12:29 hey ya all

it's been 5 more years now and they are still $1...

How weird life is , that I now know the Capozzi's, well at least Al ...

How weird life is , that I now know the Capozzi's, well at least Al ...

How weird life is , that I now know the Capozzi's, well at least Al ...