Last Visit 2019-03-30 19:08:15 |Start Date 2003-07-07 03:39:31 |Comments 5,609 |Entries 6,423 |Images 14,681 |Sounds 119 |SWF 21 |Videos 322 |Mobl 2,936 |

Category: clothes

08/05/11 04:22 - ID#54864 pmobl

Minus the green shirt and purple tie

We went to JCPennies and were looking at suits when the woman swooped in put a for sale sign up. $500 later we have outfits for the wedding.

Permalink: Minus_the_green_shirt_and_purple_tie.html
Last Modified: 08/05/11 04:22

Category: food

08/05/11 02:35 - ID#54862

Boston Market Plastic Update

Boston Market finally switched from plastic silverware and massive throw away plastic containers to real silverware and plates for dine in customers. I am happy about this change I used to not go very often because of it (e:paul,43253)

Permalink: Boston_Market_Plastic_Update.html
Last Modified: 08/05/11 05:04

Category: holidays

08/04/11 10:11 - ID#54860 pmobl

Holly's Bachlorette

(e:terry) sang but the song kept cutting out and the screen scrambled.

Permalink: Holly_s_Bachlorette.html
Last Modified: 08/04/11 10:11

Category: thursday

08/04/11 08:57 - ID#54859 pmobl

Minus tiny

I cried a "tiny" bit because the gang wasn't complete.

Permalink: Minus_tiny.html
Last Modified: 08/04/11 08:57

Category: buffalo

07/31/11 08:43 - ID#54838 pmobl

Gypsy Moths in the City of Buffalo?

This property on summer street between deleware and elmwood has gypsy moths in their front yard. I can't believe they, or their neighbors haven't gotten rid of them. I am think about killing them myself. The thought of gypsy moths infesting the city freaks meeting out. Is there someone to call about this?

Permalink: Gypsy_Moths_in_the_City_of_Buffalo_.html
Last Modified: 07/31/11 08:46

Category: food

07/31/11 08:39 - ID#54837 pmobl

What is broasted chicken?

Permalink: What_is_broasted_chicken_.html
Last Modified: 07/31/11 08:39

Category: food

07/31/11 02:39 - ID#54831 pmobl

Banana Bug

So I woke up and rushed out for the garden walk this morning. On the way out of the kitchen I grabbed a banana and was eating it in the backyard without looking. When I finally looked down I noticed there was a wiggling worm and worm poops inside, yuck!

Permalink: Banana_Bug.html
Last Modified: 07/31/11 02:39

Category: buffalo

07/31/11 02:23 - ID#54830 pmobl

The garden walk

Today we went on the garden walk with (e:Matthew)'s mom. Although I love little summer, I can't stand being so crowded.

I know I am biased but our garden is totally amazing. I wish more people came that way. Everyone goes where the clusters are. Maybe if our neighbors do it next year.

Here are some of the pictures I took.

Permalink: The_garden_walk.html
Last Modified: 07/31/11 02:23

Category: buffalo

07/31/11 12:34 - ID#54829 pmobl

Mixology Buffalo

This place sounds interesting: a social scene combining music, art, and technology. I am curious what it will be like.

Permalink: Mixology_Buffalo.html
Last Modified: 07/31/11 12:35

Category: computers

07/30/11 07:38 - ID#54826

Windows 7 virtual box Adobe CS3 No More Internet

(e:terry) needs some windows programs for work so we put a windows 7 virtual machine on his mac. It worked for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it stopped having internet connection.

I know its not the mac because I have other virtual machines on there which are all working fine. The windows networking control panel is a disaster. It never can find anything wrong and at the end of it all, it suggest - "Ask a friend for help using remote assistance."

This is a fucking ridiculous suggestion considering the problem is that I don't have an internet connection.

I tried searching for all kinds of combinations of issues with OS X host virtualbox and windows 7 client to no avail. The one thing I noticed was that the windows machine had a default route of 0.0.0.0 and it could reach the router but not the internet. When I would ping something it could get the correct address from the router, but then no response. So I started searching for how to change the route on windows which lead me to the solution. Turns out that Adobe Creative Suite 3 installs some bunk bonjour discovery service that wrecks windows 7 networking. It had nothing to do with Virtualbox itself and would have happened on a real windows 7 machine.

The real problem is that the solution actually turned out to be so obscure, non-intuitive and definitely complicated. I would like to point out that things do not just work in windows and that at least on a non-windows system I could much more easily debug the issue. I have no idea how someone would have debugged this without an internet connection and I clearly had a hard time even though I am an advanced computer user, meaning that I at least knew which terms to look up. Seriously, a regular windows user would have no idea what a route was.

Check out how obscure the solution was: and try and tell me this is in any way user friendly, intuitive or "just works". I needed to run the command line program as an admin, I needed to deal with manually uninstalling services from the command prompt, I had to deal with the services control panel and I needed to reboot. I am attaching the solution as a PDF in case that website goes away. ::READ PDF::

This whole process took me several hours as I tried so many combinations of virtual box settings, drivers, installing other guest OSes to make sure it wasn't just a virtual box issue - all before getting to the real problem. Now that its working I made a snapshot for (e:Terry) to roll back to, next time Windows 7 gets fucked up.

Permalink: Windows_7_virtual_box_Adobe_CS3_No_More_Internet.html
Last Modified: 07/30/11 11:42

Well really I did not bury the hatched in my mind I guess because now 5 years later, I just saw him ...

Well 14 years later I have more grays but still solidly more pepper than salt so that's good at leas...