Start Date 2008-06-04 11:41:45 |Comments 1,367 |Entries 818 |Images 2,353 |Videos 58 |Mobl 341 |

Category: home

09/16/10 06:25 - 61.ºF - ID#52760

Acid Mine Drainage ick

More photos from the not-sand-run-falls hike (e:heidi,52710) & (e:heidi,52714)

What a cool mushroom, just hanging out on a dead branch.

Boney pile

Pine tree yellowed from the highly acidic shale that it's growing in.

Acid mine drainage pond above Babb's Creek. As the water moves down the mountain, it hits various treatment facilities but wow it's gross. And stinky.

We took a break here.

A nice August sunset shot from the visitors center on Rt. 15 S near Tioga, Pa.

Permalink: Acid_Mine_Drainage_ick.html
Last Modified: 09/16/10 06:30

Category: tourism

09/16/10 06:04 - 61.ºF - ID#52759

George Eastman House & Mt. Hope Cemetery

I had a lovely adventure in Rochester with several (e:peeps) and a Casey at the George Eastman House and the Mt. Hope Cemetery

Permalink: George_Eastman_House_Mt_Hope_Cemetery.html
Last Modified: 09/16/10 06:19

Category: testing

09/15/10 12:17 - 59.ºF - ID#52743 pmobl

Testing new app version

It seems to work.

Permalink: Testing_new_app_version.html
Last Modified: 09/15/10 12:17

Category:

09/14/10 12:04 - 57.ºF - ID#52732

Kristen Becker vs. Carl Paladino

Last Thursday at the Dykes of Hazard Variety Hour, Kristen Becker told a story about her interaction with Carl Paladino at Roxy's one night... Luckily, it was video'd by the folks at www.wnymedia.net.

The Washington insider rag Politico picked it up on the 10th. And tonight, Rachel Maddow talked to www.wnymedia.net guy Mark Odien [clip]. No mention of Kristen's completely NSFW video, but it's cool that her video is bringing more attention to wnymedia's exposure of his racist, sexist, bestiality-laden emails; crazy policy proposals, and all-around ick.

Permalink: Kristen_Becker_vs_Carl_Paladino.html
Last Modified: 09/14/10 12:14

Category: home

09/11/10 09:18 - 64.ºF - ID#52716 pmobl

Wet nisha

Nisha dipped her front paws in the amd pond so she got a shower when we got home. I rinsed it off her as soon as I realized she had done it... Ugh strong sulfur smell. I think she drank a little too cuz she coughed a lot and puked once on the rest of the hike. I hope she doesn't get cancer or something from it.

Permalink: Wet_nisha.html
Last Modified: 09/11/10 09:19

Category: home

09/11/10 08:42 - 66.ºF - ID#52714 pmobl

First tracks post

This route isn't recommended. We did not travel across the body of water... it's the AMD pond I mentioned in the last post.

The track is also not complete because the phone was out of battery. We walked the road back to my truck.

Permalink: First_tracks_post.html
Last Modified: 09/11/10 08:42

Category: home

09/11/10 08:30 - 66.ºF - ID#52710

Not sand run falls

My friend J and I have been having fun forging new trails in the tioga state forest outside of arnot, pa., and not getting to sand run falls. There's a perfectly nice marked, maintained trail to sand run falls from the arnot road, but being the oddballs we are, we have been refusing to take it, knowing there's a more obscure shorter path from Landrus Road. (I'm hoping my Tioga County friends don't read this but it's kinda embarrassing but funny.)

I tried out the android tracks app for our adventure. Ran out of battery before we finished but we were nearly on the road by then. Tracks is cool but the elevation gain stat is weird, it seems to record every foot up, not a net gain. So we went over 700 feet up, but min and max elevation were 1543 & 1905, still significant.

We found a huge old boney (shale) pile, waste from coal mining. Then we found a disgusting amd holding pond that the babb's creek watershed folks have been remediating for at least 20 years. Didn't take phone pix of it but did take real camera pix that I'll try to post soon.

Boney pile

Babb's Creek

Friends drinking at the Bear Ass last night

Beautiful clouds on the route between Buffalo & Bloss.

Permalink: Not_sand_run_falls.html
Last Modified: 09/11/10 08:38

Category: tourism

09/10/10 03:41 - 67.ºF - ID#52695 pmobl

Parking meters

The parking meters in Wellsboro, Pa., are so pointless... they only take nickels and dimes, and tickets are $5, payable at certain meters with drop boxes.

Permalink: Parking_meters.html
Last Modified: 09/10/10 03:41

Category: tech

09/07/10 09:28 - 70.ºF - ID#52679

Extreme updated cuteness

My eee pc got a new OS! [(e:heidi,45870) and (e:heidi,51382)] It's soooo cute and all handy & up to date! Asus stopped supporting this model (eee pc 900) shortly after I bought it and I was stuck in firefox 2.0, which made the all-important google docs unhappy. Now I have Chrome, firefox, cheese, and all kinds of other goodies.

(Interesting how estrip.org is in the bookmarks toolbar!)

Thank you!!!!

Permalink: Extreme_updated_cuteness.html
Last Modified: 09/07/10 09:33

09/06/10 06:21 - 72.ºF - ID#52672 pmobl

Bennett beach

In a moment of sunshine...

Permalink: Bennett_beach.html
Last Modified: 09/06/10 06:21

• sina 11/29 05:04 I can not read or write any comment :(
  • joe 11/07 01:05 hey!
  • mrmike 11/07 12:29 hey ya all

ExBuffalonian said to paul
Happy Birthday! Sharing great art and food in NYC with the people you love, what could be better th...

matthew said to paul
Happy birthday, Paul....

matthew said to paul
Happy birthday, Paul....

ExBuffalonian said to joe
This is one of the best things I've read on the internet in a while. I love to hear about things lik...