Last Visit 2012-11-09 18:06:58 |Start Date 2005-09-01 15:28:14 |Comments 1,246 |Entries 866 |Images 935 |Sounds 4 |Videos 95 |Mobl 173 |

Category: culture

10/02/07 06:45 - 68ºF - ID#41461

Things Which Are Awesome

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Super funny, watch it

Night Watch / Day Watch (Russian Sci Fi)
Hard to track down but really good. (dubbed)
(2004_film)

Happiness

For the love of god don't watch this one. This one is awesomely horrificly traumatizing.

Firefly

Awesome. From Firefly:

Permalink: Things_Which_Are_Awesome.html

Category: work

10/02/07 04:21 - 68ºF - ID#41457

Tooling

I was so frustrated at work today. I tried to use version control software again but it kept failing with weird errors. I tried Subversion and Git. I've tried both of them at RPCI before but had weird errors. Turns out it's because they can't work on windows network shares. I wish that I knew that ahead of time, I've wasted so much effort reinstalling and tweaking software today and the other times I've tried to set it up. They just can't be used over the network and there's nothing I can do about that. I mean, clearly they are networkable tools, but the 'local copy' can't be on a remote network share due to file locking. The remote copy can be anywhere of course.

Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Permalink: Tooling.html

Category: buffalo

10/01/07 03:52 - 80ºF - ID#41437

Children's Hospital Expansion

Read about the plans here for expanding Children's hospital:

(I'm all over Buffalo Rising today apparently)

Doesn't look too bad - a new outpatient center on Hodge next to JJ's, and the drugstore on Utica is being knocked down for more parking.

The neighborhood did really fight to keep the hospital in the area (instead of moving down to the medical campus) and so the expansion is sort of a necessary thing to keep them there.

I didn't know the hospital had turned around so much in the mean time.

Permalink: Children_s_Hospital_Expansion.html

Category: buffalo

10/01/07 10:35 - 69ºF - ID#41429

Big News on Elmwood

Teaser from Elmwood Assoc:

So... I wonder what it'll be?

Permalink: Big_News_on_Elmwood.html

Category: photos

09/30/07 06:58 - 70ºF - ID#41422

Yet Another

Permalink: Yet_Another.html

Category: buffalo

09/30/07 01:04 - 70ºF - ID#41419

Photo Meetup

Hey - late notice, I know.

But if anyone wants to come and meet with my photography group at 2pm at Spot Coffee (Delaware and Chippewa) today, we'd be happy to see you!

Probably around 10 people coming so far, amateurs and professionals, all kinds - don't worry about if you'll fit in. (e:James) will be there too!

I meant to post this yesterday. Dammit.

Permalink: Photo_Meetup.html

Category: photos

09/29/07 07:03 - 65ºF - ID#41406

Domestic Life

More practice with the 30mm and flash.

Permalink: Domestic_Life.html

Category: photo

09/28/07 09:18 - 62ºF - ID#41389

James Pretending to be a Martini

Permalink: James_Pretending_to_be_a_Martini.html

Category: media

09/28/07 07:17 - 62ºF - ID#41384

this wins the internet

Permalink: this_wins_the_internet.html

Category: estrip

09/28/07 02:23 - 59ºF - ID#41381

Buffet Night

Save the day: October 10th, Wednesday at 7pm.

Please let me know if you are going to come, so I can try to get a somewhat accurate count for planning purposes.

This time it will be at JJ's Casa di Pizza, and will probably cost slightly less then last time if we all just split a few pizzas and buckets of wings and get pitchers of beer, but count on paying around $12 to $15 each just in case. If you've got something special you want to order that's fine too! By the way - bring cash please - makes my life easier!

I'm going to ask that the back room be reserved for us, which is why I need a head count.

Also, afterwards those who are interested in meeting about (e:strip) planning and promotion will head over to (e:MPT)'s house for some strategizing.

Permalink: Buffet_Night.html

• sina 11/29 05:04 I can not read or write any comment :(
  • joe 11/07 01:05 hey!
  • mrmike 11/07 12:29 hey ya all

paul said to sina
I love big gold fish too....

sina said to joe
happy birthday (e:paul)
best wishes for you...

ExBuffalonian said to paul
Happy Birthday! Sharing great art and food in NYC with the people you love, what could be better th...

matthew said to paul