03/07/09 09:44 - ID#47980
How to build a football team
1. Hire a good coach, and stick with him, even when he has a bad year. If a player won't play for him, said player goes--not the coach. (See: Noll, Cowher, Tomlin)
2. Build your team through the draft. Free agent signings should be rare, but when you make one, they should be for undervalued players, with more career ahead of them (See Bettis, Farrior).
3. Wide Receivers can be found at all levels, and should never be gone after in Free agency. Ditto Running backs. WRs are successful because of good QBs, and RBs because of good lines. (See: Ward, Parker, Washington)
4. Defense wins championships, and should always be the top priority. (See: the Steelers--always)
5. Character counts. Never invite the troublemaker, and don't be afraid to let him go, even if he is talented (See: Plexico Burress).
6. Coaching counts. Even the pros can still learn, if they are willing. Sign the guys that are willing to listen (See: Polamalu)
7. Another acceptable free agent signing is for depth--i.e. back-ups (see: Batch, Leftwich)
8. Even if a guy is great, let him go if and when he is old and wants a giant contract (see: Porter, Webster)
9. Stay in town. If your team has a city name in it, you better stay in said city. Don't go to the suburbs, and don't even think about relocating internationally.
10. Focus on fundamentals. Trickery will only go so far if you can't block or tackle.
02/08/09 10:05 - ID#47684
One last yinz luv
01/28/09 06:41 - ID#47548
Yinz Luv the Superbowl!
01/22/09 09:02 - ID#47485
I love the Steelers, but . . .
There are lots of other good Steeler songs, which makes me wonder why this one won't die. Anyway, without further ado: "Here we go"
01/21/09 11:51 - ID#47481
More Steeler Stuff
01/11/09 03:16 - ID#47369
1. The tackle of an obnoxious Brown's fan.
2. A rap song that samples the NFL today theme song, quite well.
3. James Harrison drilling a number of hapless, helpless QBs.
4. James Harrison on an interception return, leaping OVER Ladamian Tomlinson (may it happen again)
01/05/09 09:28 - ID#47286
Spend time with your kids . . .
12/22/08 07:16 - ID#47142
It's sadder when they lose
12/16/08 08:58 - ID#47078
AFC North Champions
My Fav Posts
- This user has zero favorite blogs selected ;(