05/07/08 01:07 - ID#44258
As of last sunday, Mr. Wiggles has been officially named Ari Nachshon.
Ari is Hebrew for Lion. We named him this because it was a name we could agree upon. Nachshon is from (WIKIPEDIA - Nachshon), a biblical figure who I've always admired since my childhood Rabbi gave a sermon about him doing great things even though he had a lowly name that meant "snake".
Ari is loud. And very, very demanding.
04/24/08 09:38 - ID#44133
Baby's first week
We took the little guy home on the 17th. It became a little stressful when he had some difficulty feeding, but eventually stuff worked out. Right after he was born, he got jaundice, which he still has but which we're working to lower. Apparently, newborn jaundice is common, but it's a little upsetting seeing your son have yellow eyes.
(e:inscrutable)'s family came up and helped us with stuff, like laundry and keeping sane.
Lesson's I've learned:
- You really have to watch them every second
- While you want to be gentle with them, they're hardier than they look.
- The "you'll have to change them every several hours" warning is bullshit. You can change them and they'll go in the new diaper thirty seconds later, and another clean one thirty seconds after that.
- Never be more than five feet away from a pacifier if you lack the ability to lactate.
- Not being able to lactate doesn't mean they won't try to get milk from you anways.
- Having a new child is like meeting somebody new whose personality you're trying to figure out.
04/15/08 11:28 - ID#44024
12/26/07 10:46 - ID#42658
Ping contact 45 degrees off the port bow
Time to figure out how to be a role model for budding masculine behavior...
11/19/07 01:04 - ID#42198
The stubborn kid kept its legs crossed the whole time, so our master plan to choose pink or blue stuff is foiled once again.
My Fav Posts
- Click the heart at the bottom of anyone's blog entry to add it here ;(