Last Visit 2014-10-19 23:06:57 |Start Date 2003-07-07 03:39:31 |Comments 5,489 |Entries 6,045 |Images 13,345 |Sounds 119 |SWF 21 |Videos 304 |Mobl 2,617 |

Category: computers

06/08/10 09:58 - 57ºF - ID#51824

This irritates me so much

It seems like everytime I update anything these days on (e:terry)'s mac I need to restart. Why can't they just restart the parts that need restarting.

printaddComment

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51824/This_irritates_me_so_much.html

06/06/10 08:54 - 60ºF - ID#51816 pmobl

guess who this is?

trying to avoidthe paparatzi in their ghetto fab birka.
printadd/read comments

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51816/guess_who_this_is_.html

06/06/10 08:51 - 60ºF - ID#51815 pmobl

candy store on elmwood

they have all kinds of candy inclusing candy cigarettes and valonelk. the salesman asked me if i was old enough to buy candy cigarettes. i told him i was just buying them for my dad.
printaddComment

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51815/candy_store_on_elmwood.html

06/06/10 12:37 - 54ºF - ID#51813 pmobl

shellfish and mimosa

nothing like a lumpy benedict from cecilias on elmwood. its an egg bendict pillow on top of lump crab meat.
printaddComment

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51813/shellfish_and_mimosa.html

Category: religion

06/06/10 12:26 - 54ºF - ID#51811 pmobl

shrimp vs jew

Last night everyone went out for the pride festival on Allen. It was great to be out in our own neighborhood. Even (e:matthew) went out for once. We went together and sat at a bar for a drink, which was great. They did a great job throwing the festival together. I hope to see the event stay in allentown in the future, for one night it felt like being in a big city.

Afterwards, we left because (e:southernyankee) was on her way out of town and had to get her stuff from our house so we came back with robert and james and chris, a new acquaintance.

Afterwards (e:terry)'s coworker Nicholas stopped by and brought me candy from the greek festival which was awesome. I freakin love that stuff but was busy buying blinds at JcPenny's sale and missed the greek festival.

Now to the crazy part. I had some colossal shrimp I bought earlier at the coop and I took them out to make a shrimp cocktail and that's where it goes downhill.

Sorry for anyone who this offends but I was immensely irritated last night by this guy and I wanted to record it so that I remember when I complain about christians that I feel the same way about preachy religious people of all flavors.

It started with a disagreement about shellfish. I also cannot ever understand people that are sensitive to one animal and not to another. I mean either you eat animals or you don't. And I am willing to undertand 100% why people don't want to eat them for personal moral or health reasons but when people restrict diet because of religion I just don't understand especially when it just involves certain animals for antiquated reasons.

When I looked it up this morning and saw that the bullshit comes from Leviticus I wanted to throw up. This is one section of the religious text I have no understanding for.

Leviticus 11, verses 9-12: "These you may eat of all that are in the water: whatever ... has fins and scales... that you may eat. But in all the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales... they are an abomination to you... you shall not eat their flesh."

Especially when just a few rows down you get

Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Sorry, but I have principles too and one of them is I will eat shellfish every week until I die or they are gone. But somehow, a gay jew was in my own kitchen berating me about eating shrimp. It was such a surreal moment. I don't care what people are, you clearly do not act like that when you are invited to someone's house. I told robert I would pre-screen better from now on. I mean you could say, I do not eat shellfish on religious grounds and leave it at that but he kept going and going about how they are the chosen ones, like it or not, blah blah. It was a half hour lecture.

In fact I am so committed to shellfish that if you asked me if I would choose giving up shellfish or israel being scraped off into the ocean, I would choose continuing to eat shellfish. Especially with this recent gaza drama.

I had such a hard time with listening to him in my kitchen without wanting to crush his head. Instead I concentrated on making the food as I thought full on confrontation was probably a bad idea. James just kept telling the guy to stop. Eventually, the guy and terry left for the porch and I went to bed.

Unlike listening to christians talk about their stories, there was no note of conversion or chance that I could be saved, which is such an interesting twist. I mean its not like I take them up on the offer but at least it doesn't come across so stuck up as "we are the chosen people and it is a race you do not belong to."

If I ever hear anyone else refer to themselves as the chosen people and at the same time tries to dampen a otherwise perfect shrimp cocktail experience, I am going to release my full atheist rage on them. oyg, I just wish (e:jim) or james b could have been there.
printadd/read comments

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51811/shrimp_vs_jew.html

06/05/10 05:33 - 73ºF - ID#51807 pmobl

chamille and the peirce's

we went to go find a gravesite in case the arm thing goes real bad tonight.
printaddComment

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51807/chamille_and_the_peirce_s.html

06/05/10 05:29 - 73ºF - ID#51806 pmobl

better or time for amputation

i can't decide
printadd/read comments

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51806/better_or_time_for_amputation.html

Category:

06/05/10 01:40 - 73ºF - ID#51803

omg i thought i was going to lose it

this was last night. my arm got crazy hot and itchy during the party when Nameless Bitch said, "are you allergic to latex maybe as the red radiates out exactly in the shape of the bandaid?" i totally am and for some reason it did not occur to me that all the fancy bandaids i bought were made out of latex. after leaving it out of a bandaid and going back to hydrogen peroxide and neosporin with latex free bandaids it looks much better.
printadd/read comments

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51803/omg_i_thought_i_was_going_to_lose_it.html
Last Modified: 06/03/11 03:11

06/04/10 08:25 - 71ºF - ID#51801 pmobl

sea bar yum

i love seabar downtown and they expanded their menu to include lots of other things besides sushi. (e:terry) got savory waffles with fried chicken and maple syrup. I got linguine with two kinds of clams.
printadd/read comments

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51801/sea_bar_yum.html

06/04/10 02:40 - 74ºF - ID#51798 pmobl

cut

is this what a cut should look like 5 days after it happens? im starting to think its infected.
printadd/read comments

Permalink: http://estrip.org/articles/read/paul/51798/cut.html

tinypliny said to paul
LOL, who needs these when you have a terminal?!...

tinypliny said to paul
WHOA! I want those!...

vincent said to paul
Pittsburgh is Buffalo if it played their cards perfectly. It's sad that there isn't a sex positive e...

paul said to heidi
That does sound good. I think evaporated milk would be too hardcore....