11/30/05 08:42 - 33ºF - ID#21535
Firefox 1.5 is released
* Automated updates
* Faster back and forward button navigation
* Drag and drop reordering of tabs
* Improvements to popup blocking
* Clear Private Data feature (easily clear cache, cookies, saved forms, passwords & download history)
* Various improvements to the user interface
* Report a broken web site wizard (report web sites that don't work correctly in Firefox)
* Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
* Many security enhancements
You can get more info information at
11/09/05 04:03 - 55ºF - ID#21534
Open Source Flash
11/08/05 12:00 - 54ºF - ID#21533
Freaking Fast Firefox
Please Note: you need to enter "about:config" without the quotes in the location/address box first
1. Find browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs and double click on it so it = true
2. Find network.http.pipelining and double click on it so it = true
3. Find network.http.pipelining.maxrequests double click on it and change it from 4 to 100
What do these changes do?
1. Then enables advanced tab options in your Tools/Options page
2. This enables option #3.
3. This makes FF use 8 threads to each page.. Bascially, if you thought FF was fast before, try it after this.
Quoted from: I-Hacked.com Taking Advantage Of Technology - Firefox Browser Hacking
11/07/05 02:29 - 52ºF - ID#21532
A Linux Microsatellite for Christmas?
SpaceDev has announced a new high performance microsatellite product program named the SpaceDev Modular Microsat Bus™. The SpaceDev MMB-100 microsat is a highly capable modular 100 kg (220 pound) microsatellite based on industry standard "Plug-n-Play" interfaces. In addition to standard Ethernet and USB interfaces, the SpaceDev MMB-100 uses a real-time Linux operating system, and uses CORBA-based object oriented interfaces for subsystems as well as commanding from the ground via the Internet. The basic SpaceDev MMB-100 Bus is expected to price at less than $10 million, not including the payload and payload integration.
For more information about SpaceDev visit
Now, the only question is where do we (e:strip)pers find 10 million dollars to buy this for (e:paul)?
Or maybe someone could write a grant proposal or something and turn it into an art project.
11/01/05 03:05 - 51ºF - ID#21531
Free Operating System
You can download it here
I also have CDs and the DVD version if anyone wants to try it but can't download it. There are also many other versions of linux.
My Fav Posts
- This user has zero favorite blogs selected ;(