08/14/05 09:34 - 66ºF - ID#21517
Filesharing with Bittorrent
[size=m]How do I get started?[/size]
1. Download java JRE and install it if you don't have it. You can get it at the Azureus site
2. Download the azureus client for your operating system. Same above
3. Go to the web and type whatever you want to download plus the word torrent into your search engine. Links to torrent sites will come up. WHen you find what you are looking for download the .torrent file and open it with azureus. It will start downloading to your hardrive.
4. You can also share your own video, art, whatever using bitorrent. Maybe (e:shawnr) can do a tutorial on that.
Here are some sites where you can search for torrent files.
Pirate Bay -
[size=m]How does it work?[/size]
With BitTorrent, files are broken into smaller fragments, typically a quarter of a megabyte each. As the fragments are distributed to the peers in a random order, they can be reassembled on a requesting machine. Each peer takes advantage of the best connections to the missing pieces while providing an upload connection to the pieces it already has. This scheme has proven particularly adept in trading large files such as videos and software source code. Quoted from: BitTorrent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Talk about swiftness. I am getting sometimes upwards of 700k per sec downloading suse 9.3, same with many other programs and files
08/13/05 02:09 - 81ºF - ID#21516
OS X on PC
I know that this is gogin to make (e:uncutsaniflush) crazy unless he has already done it!!
Here is a blog with more instructions, some imagery and video of it running on vaio laptop.
08/13/05 01:59 - 81ºF - ID#21515
New Computer Journal
My Fav Posts
- This user has zero favorite blogs selected ;(