02/25/07 03:39 - 32ºF - ID#38276
I Heart Elephants
But now, i have a grey rubber braclet that proves it, that i heart elephants.
I got it at the zoo today. I am happy to know the elephants are getting a better place to live in the Buffalo Zoo. I know there are critics out there of the zoo and zoos in general. And i think if we want them to have better living conditions, we can do something about it.
The braclet is only 3 bucks. Every bit helps. Consider giving the elephants a little something to help them have a better home....
02/23/07 07:00 - 19ºF - ID#38259
Pete, How Could You?!?!
I changed my usersound. To Everybody's Happy Nowadays by the Buzzcocks.
Yes, the very same song that is being used for an AARP advertisement. I reckon, like Iggy's Lust For Life, no one in the advertising industry realized that the lyrics are meant to be ironic? Or maybe it was just some covert old school Brit punk masquerading as an ad exec? Yeah, that must be it...
02/22/07 10:55 - 33ºF - ID#38239
Cops & Predictors
(e:Uncutsaniflush) slept through it all. I bet he could have counted how many cops cars there were.
This morning, my phone rang when i was still in bed. I decided not to run for it. If it is important, a message would be left. And one was. My teacher called me. I got a 12.9 (the highest possible) on my last Maths TABE Test and he signed me up to write the Predictor (the sample GED type test everyone needs to pass before they will let you write the GED) "this Friday". I called him back, "uhm, do you mean tomorrow Friday or next week Friday?" Tomorrow. At 8.30 am, be there by 8.15am. Bring I.D. Eat before you arrive, the test is 4 hours long. No time to be nervous, i reckon.
02/21/07 04:13 - 35ºF - ID#38231
Don't Read This If You Hate Cats
MyCatHatesYou dot com Under the MCHY banner, the heading "CATS" has archives of all the many many goofy cat pictures. I will admit, i giggled.
The Infinate Cat Project was interesting. 1400 cats looking at cats looking at cats. Who would have thought?
And from the Kitten War peeps, we have Cats In Sinks
And to think, this cat thing all started when i was looking for a new cat cam to replace RandyCam and found JeffCam
Well, except for those that say they hate cats... yeah, i mean you (e:Paul) ! *grin*
02/20/07 11:18 - 37ºF - ID#38217
NFTA Customer Service
02/19/07 11:47 - 16ºF - ID#38208
Is Me Being Me Enough?
In our dinning room, a place with lots of dark wood, i have a birthday gift displayed that a friend gave me recently which reminded me of something i found kind of odd.
When someone gives a gift, i realize some find it important to mention that the gift can be returned if it is not liked. But is it really important to tell the person to go look at the store to see if something might be better suited? I liked the gift i was given. I like the fact that someone picked something out for me, and even remembered that i mentioned i liked it when we were in the store back last summer. Why do i need to go to the store and see what else they have? How else can i tell someone i don't need to go to the store to take a look? Am i not being happy enough about the gift?
I would think it is an isolated situation, but something similar happened over the xmas holidays with this same friend. I was given a gift and the person giving it thought i didn't like it even though i said i did. They even took it back from me and gave me something i like less, because some how, me saying "very pretty" wasn't enough.
Is it me? Am i supposed to jump for joy? Isn't the way i react good enough? Or the right way to react?
02/16/07 08:59 - 16ºF - ID#38190
2) Silicone baking cups rock. As do chocolate cupcakes that are baked in them.
02/14/07 02:43 - 14ºF - ID#38147
I'm A Lucky Girl
I am married to someone who rarely makes a big fuss for me on my birthday, during xmas, or valentine's day.
Instead, every day, day in and day out, he makes a fuss about how much he loves me. He doesn't seem to need a reason to get me flowers; to write me a little note; to send me a special email. All of it just to tell me he thinks i'm swell, his bestest girl.
Sure, i could have met and married someone who would give me diamonds on my birthday and send me chocolate and flowers on valentine's day.
But i met someone better. Someone who appreciates me every day. And doesn't need a reason to tell me.
I think he's swell.
I'm a better person for knowing him.
02/08/07 04:18 - 19ºF - ID#38070
Anna Nicole Smith Died
02/05/07 06:57 - 10ºF - ID#38029
'69 Was a Very Good Year
1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
someone with good news
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
yes, of course
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
depends on the subject.. but i have been told i talk too much, so i reckon that means talker
4. Do you take compliments well?
5. Do you play Sudoku?
i tired once, then i realized i didn't understand how to do it 'cause it was too easy, and since there is no way someone like me who so is not friends with math would consider it easy, i gave up.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
probably not. (e:Uncutsaniflush) might be able to tell a story or two about me running from bees
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
no, never been to camp nor have i ever camped. sheltered life i have had, huh?
9. What was your favorite game as a kid?
i don't recall a favorite game, persay, but i loved to skip and rollerskate... i would probably love to rollerskate still if i could find a pair that fit me.. damn rollerblades have taken over the world!
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you?
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
yes. i don't see it as an obstacle
13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
probably pursued... it feels flattering
14. Use three words to describe yourself?
caring, sensitive, silly
15. Do any songs make you cry?
16. Are you continuing your education?
i am now!
17. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
i shot a shotgun once, when i was in Missouri, but i don't know if that qualifies as "knowing how"
18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
19. How often do you read books?
not as much as i used to, but i love reading
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
future. gets me in trouble
21. What is your favorite children's book?
"The Gashlycrumb Tinies" by Edward Gorey
22. What color are your eyes?
23. How tall are you?
24. Where is your dream house located?
anywhere (e:Uncutsaniflush) lives
25. Best vacay ever?
October 2000, Knoxville, TN
26. Coolest picture?
goofy ones of me as a kid
27. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth
28. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
i have no idea... is it real italian food anyway?
29. How about the movies?
Stranger Than Fiction, Movieland8... when? Uhm, withing the last week or so...
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
32. Do you like mustard?
33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
thinner, everyone tells me i look like my mom... but i don't think i look like either, skinny or fat
35. How long does it take you in the shower?
depends. am i shaving? my underarms or my legs? or both? is it a hot day and i need to cool off or is it a cold day and i need to jump in and jump out?
36. Can you do a split?
ah, those were the days...
37. What movie do you want to see right now?
i have no idea
39. What did you do for New Year's?
(e:PMT)'s bash at 24
40. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
didn't see it
41. Do you laugh a lot?
just the right amount
42. Do you own a camera phone?
no. i like phones to phone and cameras to camera... mix the 2 and i get all confuzzled.
44. Was your mom a cheerleader?
yes. and my dad was on the football team
45. What's the last letter of your middle name?
46. how many hours of sleep do you get a night?
47. Do you watch MTV?
48. Do you like care bears?
49. What do you buy at the movies?
50. Do you know how to play poker?
no... i can never remember what beats what
51. Do you wear your seatbelt?
52. What do you wear to sleep?
my birthday suit
53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
yeah, a big trial for a serial killer. blocked traffic for weeks. oh, and on the same week that started, prince charles came to town to cut the ribbon on the new GO Train station... a few blocks away.
54. How many meals do you eat a day?
55. Is your tongue pierced?
56. Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
57. Most visited webpage?
58. Do you like funny or serious people better?
59. Ever been to L.A.?
no, other places i want to go first... like SanFran!
60. Did you eat a cookie today?
61. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
63. Do you hate chocolate?
no. i love chocolate. particularly dark chocolate.
64. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
oy, don't get me started
65. Are you a gullible person?
probably... i'm doing this thing, aren't i?
66. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
67. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
68. Are you easy to get along with?
i'd like to think so. why!?! someone say i wasn't? huh??
69. What is your favorite time of day?
My Fav Posts
- This user has zero favorite blogs selected ;(