06/15/08 03:04- ID#44656
Not meaning to bore people with my religious thoughts on here. Happy Father's Day to the dad's on here! Also, a very happy birthday to (e:jason) and (e:joshua).
09/22/07 04:28- ID#41252
1. All the fights my mom and I had. I think we've worked things out, but I'm sad for all the time that we lost. We both apologized to each last night and had a long talk, but I want things to be better year round.
2. Not being there for certain family members when they really needed someone. I wish I had done more to be there for them.
3. I wish T. and I wouldn't have gone back and forth so much about things. If I could have understood better his point of view, maybe it would have made things easier for him.
4. Not calling my dad enough.
5. Losing touch with friends I've always cared deeply about.
6. Making excuses for things that I should have done, but didn't.
Last year on Yom Kippur, a friend of mine was battling advanced brain cancer. It looked as though he was going to die. Somehow, he not only lived, but is now doing much better. His inoperable tumor is almost all gone, and he's healthier than he was before he had cancer. He's starting a part-time job and is moving back out west with his friends.
I don't believe that God is behind what happens to us in our lives. I want to, especially when I see things like that happen to my friend. But then I see all the terrible things that happen to people for no good reason. I can't believe the people who say that bad things happen for a purpose. There's so many terrible, random things. Maybe I'd like to believe that God is the force behind those rare good things that happen. Sometimes I feel like an agnostic, but I'll see the sunset, and i feel that I can't just look at life through a materialist point of view. At those moments I feel there has to be something outside of ourselves. I haven't figured this out at all.
06/06/07 09:16- ID#39557
My Fav Posts
- This user has zero favorite blogs selected ;(